Starting, July 19, all Zoom meetings will be required to have a Passcode or a Waiting Room enabled. Any meeting that does not have either a Passcode or Waiting Room enabled after July 19, Zoom will automatically enable a Waiting Room. Requiring a passcode or waiting room will add another layer of security to your meetings and help reduce Zoom-bombings.
For meeting attendees, the options will be similar to what they’ve used before.
- Joining a meeting with the embedded passcode link:
when you create or update a meeting to include the passcode, Zoom will automatically embed the passcode within the meeting/webinar links. You will not be prompted to enter the passcode if you access the meeting using the link.
- Joining a meeting by manually entering the Meeting ID:
You will always be prompted by the Zoom app to enter the passcode.
- Joining a meeting with a waiting room:
This allows hosts to control when a participant joins the meeting. The organizer can hold all attendees in the waiting room and admit them one-by-one or all at once.
We encourage everyone to start updating their meetings settings to either include a passcode or enable a waiting room prior to July 19. Learn how to use the waiting room or passcodes for your Zoom meetings.
- For more information, view Zoom’s comprehensive FAQ document.
- If you require any technical assistance, please contact our IT Support Center online or by calling (305) 348-2284 during our normal working hours (8am – 8pm, Monday through Friday).
- If you have questions regarding Zoom within Canvas, please contact FIU Canvas Help at (305) 348-3630.